Sunday, September 15, 2013

Reading Centers

I can't believe that school has been in session for about a month now. Those last 4 weeks have really gone by quickly! I am still working out the kinks in my reading block and find that it is going smoother each week. Last week I successfully made it through 3 differentiated spelling tests with my groups. YAY! We have also been working on our reading centers. Right now I have 5 centers: Read to Someone, Spelling, Writing, High Frequency Words, and Grammar. My vocabulary center is an extra for when students finish early. My second round of centers is always "Read to Self". Here is a peek at what my set up looks like right now! (I got the cute sign holders at IKEA. I used them first for "Meet the Teacher".)

Daily 5 Center Assignments
Spelling Center
Spelling Center Sign
Writing Center Sign
Read to Someone
Read to Self Sign & Book bins to the left
Grammar, HFW, & Vocabulary Center Baskets

No comments:

Post a Comment